Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Homemade Granola Bars

I love granola bars. They are such a handy snack! What I don't love about granola bars is the price. They can get spendy! And I'm sure the commercially made ones are chock full of not-so-great stuff.

Enter the homemade granola bar.









I did some google-ing and found this recipe.



I gathered my supplies, made a few tweaks, and had homemade granola bars! I made mine with peanuts, dried cranberries and flax seeds. Delish! (The husband says they're a little on the sweet side, so I think I'll cut down on the brown sugar next time...) I'm excited to try other varieties - coconut, chocolate and dried pineapple; almond and dark chocolate; maybe I'll even try adding some peanut butter and pretzel pieces to a batch if I get real crazy. :) Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment