Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Natural Cleaning....

I was struck by the inspiration to clean our house using homemade, natural cleaners. So I did my research (thank you, Google) and bought the necessary supplies. A lot of the sites said the four things you really need are baking soda, vinegar, dish soap and a spray bottle. (Some "recipes" called for Borax and washing soda, but I didn't get them. Mostly because I didn't feel like figuring out what washing soda is and where I could find it in the store.)


I made an all-purpose cleaner of 1 part vinegar to 1 part water and used it to clean the bathroom counter. It seems like it did a good job, but who really knows. I did like the vinegar smell, though. That smells like it's clean.



Next on the list was to clean the toilet. My sources said to sprinkle baking soda in the bowl, drizzle with vinegar and let sit for a few minutes. So I did. Verdict? Doesn't work. Well, that might actually say more about how gross the toilet was.... Anyway, I think I'll stick with the good ol', chemical-filled toilet cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment