Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oh. Yum.

My sweet tooth was screamin' this afternoon. And I mean SCREAMIN'. It was out of control. Who controls sweet teeth? I need to have a word with them. (Self-control? Never heard of it.) Anyway, I was scanvenging in the kitchen (I'm in a competition with myself to see how long I can go without grocery shopping. Currently at a little over three weeks. Hence the scavenging.) Anyway, I was scavenging and coming up empty. No ice cream. No popsicles. Not even any chocolate chips (that's pretty much a sin in my household).

I started to get anxious. My heart was racing. I was short of breath. My palms were sweaty. OK, not really, but it was a pretty serious moment.

And that's when it happened. I spotted a package of pre-made cookie dough in the back of the freezer that someone had brought over when Drew was born. (Cue choir of angels singing "Hallelujah".)

But I knew I needed to do more than just through those bad boys on a cookie sheet and toss them in the oven. This sweet tooth meant business. So I grabbed my handy-dandy kitchen scissors (quite possibly my favorite kitchen tool - I have three of them) and got to work. I cut each cookie into fourths.
Then I put them on a cookie sheet and baked them.


After they'd cooled a little, I got out the peanut butter and put a schmear on the bottom of a cookie...

and then topped it with another cookie. Voila! A peanut butter chocolate chip cookie sandwich.

Delish. And so easy, thanks to the pre-made cookie dough. The hardest part was making sure they didn't fall through the holes on the cooling rack. That, and not eating them all as I was assembling them. Oh. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment