Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dream Come True

A couple years ago I went to LA to visit one of my dearest friends, Sara. While I was there Sara introduced me to fro yo. That's what they call frozen yogurt in SoCal. And that's what they call Southern California in Southern California. Anyway, I fell in love with fro yo. Like, for realz. We ate it at least once a day while I was out there. A. Mazing. I love the serve-yourself-get-exactly-what-you-want-and-feel-healthy-about-it vibe. When I got home, I told Justin that we need to open a fro yo shop. I gave him this great business-y sell about how there's nothing like it out here, people trying to eat healthier, etc., etc. He knew that I really only wanted to open one so I could have fro yo whenever I wanted. Which is pretty much all the time.


Fast forward to about a week ago. Justin came home from work and told me about a new fro yo place he'd heard about that's about 20 minutes from our house! (That may sound like quite the drive, but EVERYTHING is 20 minutes from our house - Target, the mall, the good grocery store, our church...) It took all of my self-control not to run to the car and go get me some fro yo. Oh man. That was a lot of self-control.

On Tuesday, Justin had the afternoon off and asked what I wanted to do. "Iwannagetfroyo!" was out of my mouth before he even finished his sentence. We ended up stopping at Goodwill (it was a bust) and then heading down to Freeziac. It was amazing. For those of you not familiar with fro yo, here's a play-by-play for you:


Step 1: Grab a cup
Step 2: Fill it up with whatever flavor(s) of fro yo your little heart desires.




Step 3: Load on the toppings. A note to novice fro yo-ers: Go with the lightest toppings (think shredded coconut, marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs) instead of the heavy ones (think candy bar pieces, nuts, pineapple). Since you pay by the ounce, this is the best way to get the most for your money.





Step 4: Take your creation to the cashier, set 'er on the scale and pay up. (My quite-full cup cost less than 5 bucks.)
Step 5: ENJOY!




Just looking at that picture makes me want to go there right now. Too bad the baby's sleeping. I can't leave while he's sleeping, right? Even if he's in his crib and has no way of getting out? Not that I'd ever think of doing that....

As we were walking to the car after our fro yo extravaganza, I stopped, looked at Justin and said, "I really, really love fro yo." He said, "I thought you were going to say you really, really love me." I said, "I do!" He said, "I don't think I've ever heard you say it with as much meaning and passion as you just had for fro yo." :) Ah, the power of fro yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment