No Bake Vanilla Cake Batter Truffles (I doubled this recipe and it was a good amount to bring to a party)
- 1 cup vanilla cake mix
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate chips (you can also use chocolate almond bark)
- Combine the cake mix, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. It will be a very firm dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on a parchment or wax paper covered cookie sheet. (If the dough gets too sticky during this, place it in the fridge for a few minutes.)
- Place the cookie sheet of dough balls in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. I like to melt mine in a mug - it makes dipping easier.
- Dip each dough ball in melted chocolate and then place back on the cookie sheet. Put sprinkles on before the chocolate hardens.
- Once all the dough balls are covered in chocolate, put the cookie sheet back in the freezer until the chocolate is hardened.
- Store in the fridge or freezer
Then I was left with about half a bag of cake mix. What's a girl to do? Why, go back to her pinterest board and see what other cake-mix inspired recipes she's pinned. And that'shat I did.
And that's when I found these beauties. Cake mix cookies. And only 3 ingredients? Done.