Monday, September 12, 2011

Tarf

What's that?  You've never heard of a Tarf?  Seriously?  Do you live under a rock?  Probably not, because I just made that term up.  Pretty catchy.  Anyway, a Tarf is the love child of a T-shirt and a scarf.  I saw this on Pinterest (go figure) and it looked easy enough.

This project requires all of 4 things - old T-shirt, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter.  You could probably get away with just the T-shirt and some scissors, though...

Step 1: Square up your T and cut off the bottom hem

Step 2: Then cut your T into strips.  I think mine were an inch or an inch and a half wide.

Step 4:  Grab a strip or two and stretch it so the edges curl.  You'll have a pile like this when you're done.

Step 5: Put your new Tarf on!

I had a few loops that were longer than the rest after stretching.  So I just didn't use them. 

So easy!  It seriously took me less than 15 minutes, including gathering my supplies.  (Side note:  Does anyone ever say "It jokingly took me..."?  And that's how my weird brain works.)

Go make yourself a Tarf!

1 comment: